Details about SAMRC Self-initiated Research Grants, 2017
SAMRC Self-initiated Research Grants, 2017 is offered for Post Doc, Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Health. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 25 Aug 2017. This scholarship is provided by South African Medical Research Council and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, up to R200 000 per year for a maximum period of three years . This scholarship is open for: Open to South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Deadline: 25 Aug 2017
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, up to R200 000 per year for a maximum period of three years
South African Medical Research Council is offering SAMRC Self-initiated Research Grants, 2017 to early-career researchers and mid-level and established researchers in selected priority health areas.
- Postgraduate students are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants of SAMRC Self-initiated Research Grants, 2017 who are early stage investigators must meet the following requirements:
- At least MBChB, BDS, BChD or PhD
- 1-5 years of research experience since completion of Ph.D., BDS, BChD or MBChB
- Obtained a commitment from the host institution/university
- Mid-level and established researchers should fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have at least MBChB, BDS, BChD or PhD
- More than 5 years of research experience since completion of Ph.D., BDS, BChD or MBChB – particularly PI or study coordinator on at least 3 studies
- Should be permanent employment or be in a long-term contract in an established academic post and be salaried by the research institution/university
Candidates applying for SAMRC Self-initiated Research Grants, 2017 should submit the following documents by the deadline:
- SIR Grant Online Application
- SIR Grant Approval Form
- CV in maximum 5 pages along with a biographical sketch
- Ethics Clearance Certificate or a letter mentioning that the proposal is submitted to the institution’s Ethics Committee
- If Ethics approval certificate is not required, a letter from the institution explaining why it's not required
- SIR Grant Reviewer Nomination Form
- SIR Grant Budget Form
- SIR Milestone Table