Details about Postdoctoral Research Fellowship In Intergroup Relations/Social Psychology
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship In Intergroup Relations/Social Psychology is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Intergroup Relations/Social Psychology. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 14 Dec 2015. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, A salaery of NOK 483,700-560,700 will be provided . This scholarship is open for: Open for all nationalities.
- Deadline: 14 Dec 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, A salaery of NOK 483,700-560,700 will be provided
The Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, announces a Postdoctoral research fellowship of 31 months in conjunction with the research programme «A Relational Grammar of Social Forms», funded by the Norwegian and Danish Research Councils, and led by Associate Professor Lotte Thomsen.The research programme integrates social, political, developmental and evolutionary psychology, and focuses on basic, relational building-blocks of social life, such as communion («fellesskap»), hierarchy, equality, and proportionality.
- In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the quality of the statement of research interests and its theoretical and methodological relevance to the overall project, on the scientific publications submitted by the applicants, and on personal and professional qualities for helping complete the overall project within the given time frame.
- The appointment requires a PhD in Psychology or a degree equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in psychology.
- The candidate is expected to have international experience working in labs at world-leading research institutions, and to hold an internationally competitive publication record including leading social psychological outlets such as Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and European Journal of Social Psychology. Special emphasis will be given to the quality and quantity of first-authored work published during PhD tenure and the last couple of years.
- The evaluation of potential candidates will emphasize the potential to contribute to the overall research project, including relevant methodological expertise, personal potential for collaboration with the research group, and how well the candidate’s on-going work will integrate with the overall research program.
- Due to the possibility of extending the Postdoc contract for a year against a 25% teaching requirement, fluent command of Norwegian will be an advantage.
- Applicants must submit a statement of research interests. Personal suitability and co-operation skills will receive special attention in the selection process.
- When evaluating the application, emphasis will be given to the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications to carry out the project. Applicants may be invited for an interview.