Details about PhD Scholarship - The Role of Bacterial Pathogen Behaviours in Marine Diseases 2023
PhD Scholarship - The Role of Bacterial Pathogen Behaviours in Marine Diseases 2023 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Microbiology, Analytical chemistry. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Apr 2023. This scholarship is provided by University of Technology Sydney (UTS) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, $30,000 per year + additional funds ($7.5k) for travel + other PhD-related expenses. . This scholarship is open for: Open to Australia or New Zealand nationals.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Deadline: 15 Apr 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, $30,000 per year + additional funds ($7.5k) for travel + other PhD-related expenses.
Economic losses caused by disease outbreaks in marine fisheries and aquaculture exceed US$6 billion per year globally. Decades of research in human and plant pathogens have revealed that the ability of pathogens to infect their host is governed by behaviour. However, our understanding of the chemical cues affecting the behaviour of marine pathogens is still in its infancy. This project will combine cutting-edge approaches in chemical imaging, microbial ecology, and microfluidics to identify the cues that govern the behaviour of marine pathogens. Expected outcomes include an improved capacity to predict, monitor and manage marine diseases, as well as novel strategies to prevent disease outbreaks, helping to protect Australia’s marine estate.
- Applicants must be either permanent Australian residents or New Zealand citizens. To be eligible for this application, you must hold the following or equivalent degree:
- Honors degree with First Class, or Second Class Division 1, or
- MSc Research or MSc Coursework with a research thesis of at least 6 months.
- Or be regarded by the university as having an equivalent level of attainment.
- Demonstrated experience in microbiology, or analytical chemistry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of motivation and enthusiasm.