Details about PhD Or Postdoctoral Fellowship Position In Bioinformatics
PhD Or Postdoctoral Fellowship Position In Bioinformatics is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Bioinformatics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 25 Oct 2015. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Salary will be provided . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens from all nationals.
- Deadline: 25 Oct 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Salary will be provided
A three year PhD position (SKO 1017) or a Postdoctoral Fellow position (SKO 1352) for a qualified candidate with background in computer science, statistics or biology is available at the Department of Immunology. The project is located at the research group of Associate Professor Shuo-Wang Qiao, at the Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Oslo, Institute of Clinical Medicine. The candidate will also be co-supervised by Associate Professor Geir Kjetil Sandve at the Department of Informatics, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The candidate will conduct the work at both locations. The purpose of the PhD position is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree. The Fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Medicine. Appointment to a PhD research Fellowship is conditional upon admission to the Faculty’s research training programme. The main objective of appointment to the position of postdoctoral fellow is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their respective area of study. No one can be appointed for more than one specified period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
- The department is looking for a highly motivated and structured candidate with collaborative qualities.
- For appointment as a PhD candidate, the applicant must have a Master’s degree (or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian Master’s degree) in computer science, statistics or biology.
- For appointment as a Postdoctoral Fellow, the applicant must have a PhD degree (or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree) in computer science, statistics or biology.
- Experience with bioinformatics is considered an advantage.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- A challenging and friendly working environment
- Salary based on salary level 50-57 (NOK 430 500 – NOK 483 700) for a PhD candidate and salary level 57-65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700) for a Postdoctoral Fellow, depending on qualifications
- Favourable pention arrangement
- Attractive welfare benefits