Details about PhD Fellow in Computer Science - Cyber Security at The Arctic University of Norway 2023
PhD Fellow in Computer Science - Cyber Security at The Arctic University of Norway 2023 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Cyber Security. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Mar 2023. This scholarship is provided by US Federal Government and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, state pension fund . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: US Federal Government
- Deadline: 15 Mar 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, state pension fund
A PhD position in Cyber Security is available at the Department of Computer Science and the Cyber Security Research Group (CSG), at UiT The Arctic University of Norway. The position is for a period of four years. The nominal length of the PhD programme is three years. The fourth year is distributed as 25 % each year and will consist of teaching and other duties. The PhD student is expected to write research papers publishable in reputable international venues, present results at international conferences, write progress reports on the ongoing thesis project, and work constructively towards collectively defined research goals.
The objective of the position is to complete research training to the level of a doctoral degree. Admission to the PhD programme is a prerequisite for employment, and the programme period starts on commencement of the position.
A successful candidate can demonstrate:
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: privacy-enhancing technologies, computer security, programming languages, computer networks, operating systems, distributed systems
- Ability to be self-motivated, take initiatives, and work in a team
- Fluency in written and verbal communication in English. Working knowledge of Norwegian or a Scandinavian language is desirable.
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and research interests
- Diploma for bachelor's and master's degree
- Transcript of grades/academic record for bachelor's and master's degree
- Explanation of the grading system for foreign education (Diploma Supplement if available)
- Documentation of English proficiency.
- Two reference letters
- Contact information for three references
- Master’s thesis, and any other academic works