Details about Peatland Conservation and Restoration Research Project
Peatland Conservation and Restoration Research Project is offered for PhD degree in the field of Geography. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 02 Oct 2019. This scholarship is provided by National University of Ireland (NUI), Galway and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, To be declared by the university . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 02 Oct 2019
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, To be declared by the university
Peatland Conservation and Restoration Research Project offered by the National University of Ireland Galway for students planning to pursue their Ph.D. in best practice conservation strategies for peatland restoration within the discipline of Geography at the university.
- Applicant must have a Masters degree (with a first-class or 2:1 grade) in a relevant discipline: environmental science, conservation, botany, earth or physical sciences, or similar degree
- Must have GIS experience and data management skills with the ability to perform spatial analysis.
- Ability and experience identifying and mapping peatland (or similar) habitats and experience with field monitoring and data collection.
- Must have Full-Irish or EU driver’s license.
- Experience with greenhouse gas sampling and analysis.
- Computer literacy in data management, data manipulation, and statistical analysis (knowledge of the R programming language preferred).
- Understanding of EU directives and policies and national legislation regarding natural areas.
To apply for Peatland Conservation and Restoration Research Project complete the application process before the deadline: 2nd October 2019.