Details about LION scholarship at Leiden University 2024
LION scholarship at Leiden University 2024 is offered for Masters degree in the field of Physics. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Feb 2024. This scholarship is provided by Leiden University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, 6,000 EUROS per year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all Non-Dutch nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Feb 2024
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, 6,000 EUROS per year
Scholarships from the Den Adel Fund for Experimental Physics and the Lorentz Fund for Theoretical Physics are available to non-Dutch nationals through the Leiden Institute of Physics (LION). Based on academic performance, scholarships are given to around 10% of the admitted individuals.
Each scholarship, worth € 6000 annually, is given out for a year and is renewable for a second year if the recipient performs satisfactorily (i.e., 60EC with a first-year GPA of at least 8). Please note that scholarships do not waive the Leiden University tuition cost or the requirement to provide "proof of sufficient funds" when applying for a student visa or residence permit from the Dutch Immigration Office (which is necessary for non-EU citizens).
- Countries Eligible: Scholarships are available to non-Dutch nationals.
- Acceptable Subject or Course: The scholarship will be given out at Leiden University's MSc in Physics program.
- Acceptable Standards: The candidates must fulfill all requirements in order to be qualified:
- To be eligible to apply, candidates must hold a bachelor's degree in physics or a closely related field from a foreign research institution that is on par with Dutch universities.
- Candidates possess the theoretical and mathematical background and depth of understanding required for the Leiden BSc Physics program's undergraduate courses in subjects including complex analysis, quantum physics, electrodynamics, and statistical physics.
- Use the https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/education/study-programmes/master/physics/admission-and-application website to submit an application for admission to the MSc program in Physics. Please take note that we will only evaluate submissions that are submitted in full before the deadline.
- The motivation letter for acceptance should make clear that it is an academic merit argument and specifically address the fellowship application.
- Include one recommendation letter supporting your fellowship candidacy from your current study program in your application file.
- Contact email@example.com via email to submit your application for a LION scholarship.