Details about Ishan Uday Scholarships in India, 2019
Ishan Uday Scholarships in India, 2019 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Any subject. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Rs.3500/- p.m. for General Degree courses; Rs. 5000/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses . This scholarship is open for: Open to Indian students with domicile of North Eastern Region.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Rs.3500/- p.m. for General Degree courses; Rs. 5000/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission has taken special interest with regard to the promotion of higher education in the NER. For improving the GER, promoting higher education and for encouraging children belonging to economically weaker section of the NE region, the UGC has decided to launch “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15. Before launching the scheme the UGC undertook wide-ranging consultations with State Governments and Central & State Universities of the NE region, the Ministry of HRD, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, the North Eastern Council, Shillong, and other stakeholders.
Eligibility for Ishan Uday Scholarships in India, 2019:
- Students with the domicile of NER who have passed Class XII or equivalent exam from a school situated within NER through any recognized Board of Education, including
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE),
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE),
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) within NER only,
- and have secured admission in general degree course, technical and professional courses including medical and para-medical courses (Integrated courses included) in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, within and outside the States of NER.
- For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
Value of Ishan Uday Scholarships in India, 2019:
- An amount of Rs.3500/- p.m. for General Degree courses.
- An amount Rs. 5000/- p.m. for Technical & Professional courses
- The scholarships will be given through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student.