Details about Full-time research or study grants by Fulbright austria 2023
Full-time research or study grants by Fulbright austria 2023 is offered for Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree in the field of All subjects offered by the university. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Fulbright Program and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, €13,250 towards travel expenses and monthly stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to all US nationals.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, €13,250 towards travel expenses and monthly stipend
Fulbright Austria, also known as the Austrian-American Educational Commission, provides a total of seven grants for full-time research. Among these grants, four are referred to as Fulbright-Mach Awards, and they are funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science, and Research. These awards are specifically intended to support Ph.D. candidates pursuing their research endeavors.
- A travel and relocation allowance of €2,000.
- A monthly stipend of €1,250 for nine months (October-June). (Note: Additional funds are necessary as this is a supplementary grant.)
- Fulbright-funded accident and sickness insurance policy with coverage up to $100,000 for the entire grant period, including orientation (late September-June).
- Enrollment and tuition remission at the specified Austrian university are mentioned in your project proposal.
- Comprehensive orientation, support, and guidance provided by Fulbright Austria.
- Invitations to various enrichment activities organized by Fulbright Austria throughout the year.
Eligibility Criteria for Full-time research grants:
- Applicants from all academic levels, including graduate-level students and Ph.D. candidates, are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship program also welcomes applications from musicians enrolled in performance programs, students in the natural sciences and/or engineering with projects involving extensive lab time, and those interested in specific volunteer and service projects requiring substantial on-site commitment.
- Graduating seniors or recent graduates seeking full-time research and study grants should be aware that competition is highly competitive due to limited slots in this category and the presence of applicants with more advanced academic standing. Hence, they are advised to consider applying for grants combined with English teaching assistantships.
- Applicants who are not selected for full-time research grants may, at the discretion of Fulbright Austria, be considered for grants combined with teaching assistantships instead.
- Fulbright Austria assesses project proposals based on their coherence and quality, as well as their potential to foster mutual understanding between Austria and the United States.
- The program is particularly interested in projects related to Austrian studies and proposals with bilateral or comparative significance that enhance Austrian-American collaboration.
- Accepted degree levels include Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D.
- Applicants proposing study or research in medicine or veterinary medicine are not eligible for consideration.
- Proficiency in German at an intermediate level is a requirement for all applicants.
- This is essential to fulfill the Fulbright Program's mission of promoting mutual understanding, managing daily life, and meeting university admission criteria.
- While some courses are offered in English, most university courses are taught in German.
- Therefore, applicants must submit "Form 7: Language Self-Evaluation" and "Form 8: A Foreign Language Evaluation by a qualified language instructor" as part of the application process.
- The scholarship does not provide support for dependents.