Details about Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2019-20
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2019-20 is offered for PhD degree in the field of All fields of study. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Feb 2019. This scholarship is provided by University of Edinburgh and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Covers the difference between the tuition fees paid by UK/EU nationals and overseas students. . This scholarship is open for: Open to all except UK/EU nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Feb 2019
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Covers the difference between the tuition fees paid by UK/EU nationals and overseas students.
30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2019-20. Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
Eligibility for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2019-20:
- The awards are open to overseas students commencing a Ph.D. in any field of study in 2019-20.
- Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time Ph.D. research programme of study.
- Academic merit:
- Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
- Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor's degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor's degree supplemented by an excellent Master's degree.
- Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
- The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a Ph.D., or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
- Students already on the programme cannot be considered for these awards.
- Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master's programme of study in 2019 and your Ph.D. the following year in 2020, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2020.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
Deadline for Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship 2019-20:
- Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application by 1st February 2019.
- Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.