Details about Durham Inspired Music Overli Scholarships at Durham University 2024
Durham Inspired Music Overli Scholarships at Durham University 2024 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Music. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 14 Mar 2023. This scholarship is provided by Durham University and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, GBP 4,000 per academic year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 14 Mar 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, GBP 4,000 per academic year
We believe Durham has the most extensive and diverse musical environment of any University in the United Kingdom, with over 100 different societies, and auditioned ensembles performing at the highest national level. Our pursuit of excellence in musical performances is underpinned by our belief in its broader educational value for students as an integral part of their educational experience and overall development, no matter which degree they choose to take.
To help re-enforce our commitment to providing the best possible access to this environment, Durham University is delighted to offer three Durham Inspired Music - Overli Scholarships to support low-income home students who are able to demonstrate exceptional potential in the field of music.
- Applicants must have a household income below £42,875 based on an assessment carried out by Student Finance England.
- Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate an exceptional level of potential and excellence in Music performance i.e., A high level of performance at the Grade 8- level on any instrument (including voice).
- A Personal Statement explaining why you should be awarded a Scholarship for Music, including examples of your current experience, an explanation of what difference the Scholarship would make to you and how you plan to pursue music performance at Durham.
- YouTube clips of your performance of two different pieces of music of approximately three minutes long.
- An independent reference of no more than 800 words from a suitable adult (eg a member of sixth-form staff or music teacher) explaining why you are a suitable candidate to be awarded a Scholarship for Music.
- A copy of your Student Finance England letter confirming the value of the maintenance loan you are due to receive when you commence your studies.