Details about CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019
CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Applied physics, IT, Mathematics, Electrical, electronic, and mechanical or civil engineering, Instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, Materials science, Radiation protection, Safety and environmental protection, Science communication, Surveying, Ultra-high vacuum. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 25 Mar 2019. This scholarship is provided by CERN and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, A stipend of 3679 CHF/month will be provided in addition to other benefits . This scholarship is open for: Open to applicants from a CERN Member State.
- Deadline: 25 Mar 2019
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, A stipend of 3679 CHF/month will be provided in addition to other benefits
CERN Doctoral Studentship Programme provides a chance to work on your thesis while spending 6 to 36 months at the forefront of science.
Disciplines represented: Applied physics, IT, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, science communication, surveying, ultra-high vacuum.
Eligibility for CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- Applicant needs to be a national of a CERN Member State and studying in a Member State. Pakistani, Romanian, Serbian and Turkish nationals are also eligible.
- Students from the Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- Applicant has started or is about to start a doctoral programme at a CERN Member State University.
- Applicant’s work envisaged at CERN is all or part of the thesis work required to obtain Ph.D.
- Daily supervision of the student during the period at CERN will be the responsibility of a CERN staff member. The award of the degree remains the responsibility of the applicant’s university. Hence in each case, the academic arrangements will be discussed between the university thesis supervisor and the CERN supervisor.
- Doctoral Studentships are for 6 months initially and are normally renewable for two further periods of 12 months. The total period (up to 36 months) may extend over a maximum duration of four consecutive years, whereby periods of up to 12 months are granted as unpaid special leave giving the option to students to spend time at their university.
- Applicant has a good knowledge of English or French.
Value of CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- 3679 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Additional allowance for students who are married and/or with child(ren)
- Contract of association initially 6 months, renewable up to 3 years
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
- 40 hours/week
- 2.5 days of annual leave/month
- CERN housing service helps to find local accommodation; social affairs service.
Deadline for CERN Doctoral Student Programme at Geneva, Switzerland 2019:
- The last date to apply for CERN Doctoral Student Programme is 25th March 2019.