Details about BAGSS Starter Scholarships
BAGSS Starter Scholarships is offered for PhD degree in the field of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Feb 2019. This scholarship is provided by University of Bamberg (Otto-Friedrich-Universitat Bamberg) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, 1,365.00 EUR per month . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Degree: PhD
- Provided by: University of Bamberg (Otto-Friedrich-Universitat Bamberg)
- Deadline: 15 Feb 2019
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, 1,365.00 EUR per month
About the Scholarship: The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) was established in 2010 to create an innovative working and learning environment for exceptionally qualified doctoral researchers. BAGSS is firmly committed to the goal of diversity and equal opportunities. It emphatically encourages applications by women. The University of Bamberg is a certified family-friendly university which offers comprehensive advice on reconciling family and work life.
- BAGSS invites applications from highly qualified graduates in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Education, Political Science, Labour and Educational Economics and Demography. Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong Social Science background are also encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. (The degree must be completed by the time of admission to BAGSS. The next admission date is April 1, 2019.)
- Applicants need to provide at least one, but not more than two proposals for research topics which they would like to pursue in their doctoral project. The suggested topics need to fit thematically to at least one of the four academic pillars of BAGSS.
- Applicants must have an excellent command of English. If English is not your native tongue, you need to supply a proof of proficiency.
Projects: Scholarships are awarded for projects that fit with at least one of School’s four Pillars:
- Pillar 1 Education, personal development and learning from early childhood to adulthood
- Pillar 2 Education and social inequality across the entire life course
- Pillar 3 Changes in human capital, labour markets and demographic structures and their impact on social inequality in modern societies
- Pillar 4 Governance, institutional change and political behavior
- Entry requirements of doctoral programs are met.
- The member of BAGSS member should agree to supervise you.
- Total profile is evaluated by academic assessors from the Graduate School.
Value of BAGSS Starter Scholarships:
- 1,200 EUR per month
- Travel allowance
- Research allowance worth 460 EUR per year.
- The entire application should be submitted by 15th February, 2019.