Details about WASCAL Doctoral And Masters Fellowships
WASCAL Doctoral And Masters Fellowships is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Climate Change. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 08 Jan 2016. This scholarship is provided by West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, WASCAL provides full scholarship to the doctoral and Masters Students . This scholarship is open for: Open to applicants from West Africa.
- Degree: Masters, PhD
- Provided by: West African Science Service Center on Climate Change
- Deadline: 08 Jan 2016
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, WASCAL provides full scholarship to the doctoral and Masters Students
Call for Applications: WASCAL Doctoral and Masters Fellowships
Posted on December 11th, 2015
WASCAL Call for Applications for Graduate Studies Doctoral and Masters Fellowships 2015/2016 Academic Session
WASCAL (West African Science Service Center on Climate Change and Adapted Land Use) is a large-scale research-focused Climate Service Center designed to help tackle severe challenges posed by climate change and thereby enhance the resilience of human and environmental systems to climate change and increased variability. It does so by strengthening the research infrastructure and capacity in West Africa related to climate change and by pooling the expertise of ten West African countries and Germany. The WASCAL Capacity Building Program through the Graduate studies program handle helps educate the next generation of scientists attain an intimate knowledge of different climate related issues in order to help the region develop suitable management strategies. WASCAL graduate studies program are implemented in ten lead Universities across 10 West African countries. WASCAL provides full scholarship to the doctoral and Masters Students in all the ten lead Universities with comprehensive training and research support. The language of instruction is English. English and French language training programs are provided for all graduate students. Graduate students have access to the research facilities set up through WASCAL funding and located at various watersheds in West Africa. The German partner universities collaborate with the Doctoral and Master’s Programs in the areas of curriculum development, visiting professorships and co-supervision of graduate.
The WASCAL Graduate Studies Program offers its students: High quality research and education on climate change and its impact on human environmental systems, Up to six months at a host institution in Germany (Doctoral Research Programs), Interdisciplinary working approach, International lecturers and supervisors, English language classes Scholarship and research budget, including a personal laptop computer.
Eligibility:Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this fellowship:-
- Candidates applying for masters program (MRP) must have a minimum BSc degree (second class upper division) in a discipline relevant to the MRP.
- Candidates applying for doctoral program (GRP) must have a master’s degree in relevant discipline in addition to BSc degree (second class upper division). Other general requirements include:
- Citizen of WASCAL member country.
- Five credits including Mathematics and English Language that are also equivalent to Francophone university grading system.
- Gender-balanced selection decision.
- Proficiency in English Language.
- Meet additional requirements of the Lead University.