Details about WACCBIP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
WACCBIP Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Human genetics, Disease pathogenesis and immunity, Pathogen genomics/Bioinformatics, Host-pathogen interactions, Diagnostics, Molecular epidemiology, Target discovery for drug and vaccine development.. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Nov 2015. This scholarship is provided by University of Ghana and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Total value of the scholarship is $150,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to African Scientists.
- Deadline: 30 Nov 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Total value of the scholarship is $150,000
The WACCBIP-Wellcome Trust DELTAS programme is seeking young African scientists to work as postdoctoral fellows in an environment that promotes the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa. As a new centre of excellence for biomedical research, WACCBIP will generate tremendous research activities through the various graduate training programmes. The centre and its partners will therefore, provide a well-resourced research environment to promote the research careers of newly graduated PhDs. WACCBIP is co-hosted by the Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
Eligibility: To apply for this fellowship, you must:
- Be an African who receivedhis/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa.
- Develop a comprehensive postdoctoral research proposal that can be completed within 2-3years.
- Be highly motivated individual interested in developing novel research directions.
- Work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.