Details about Visiting Student Program
Visiting Student Program is offered for Research Fellow/ Scientist degree in the field of Experimental, phenomenological and theoretical physics/astronomy. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Raman Research Institute and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, stipend of 13,000 per month . This scholarship is open for: Open to nationals of India.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, stipend of 13,000 per month
The Raman Research Institute was established by C.V.Raman after he retired from the Indian Institute of Science to continue his studies and basic research. The Visiting Student Program at Raman Research Institute is offered to students in their undergraduate studies or master's studies to get research experience. The students in their gap year, i.e. within the year of completion of their degree can also apply.
Eligibility for the Visiting Student Program :
- The applicants for Visiting Student Program at Raman Research Institute should be Indian students.
- The candidates within 1 or 2 years of the end of their master's in the science of engineering, undergraduate science or engineering degrees can apply.
- The students who want to pursue research as a career can apply.
- The applicants from Banglore colleges who wish to work on a part-time basis for research experience can also apply.
How to apply for the Visiting Student Program :
- The candidates applying for Visiting Student Program at Raman Research Institute should submit information on their academic background, and the kind of work they would like to pursue.
- The applicants should e-mail directly the staff member for seek the possibility of working on a project.
- The students should submit a recommendation letter to the staff member if he/she requests it.
- The student should submit a report on the work done and the outcome of the research at the end of the studentship.
Value of the Visiting Student Program :
- The recipients of Visiting Student Program at Raman Research Institute will get a sleeper-class train fare and return train fare and a stipend of 13,000 per month.
- The students from Banglore who work on a part-time basis will get Rs. 1000 per week.