Details about The University of West Indies Open Scholarship, 2019
The University of West Indies Open Scholarship, 2019 is offered for High/Secondary School, Bachelors degree in the field of Any courses offered by the University. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Apr 2019. This scholarship is provided by University of the West Indies and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Covers tuition fees + residence costs + contributions to books and meals. . This scholarship is open for: Open to selected countries .
The University of the West Indies is offering 50 UWI Open Scholarships to students of high school, community and state colleges and those in the first-year of The The University of West Indies.
Eligibility for The University of West Indies Open Scholarship, 2019:
- Students who are applying for any UWI undergraduate degree program offered at any campus are eligible for The UWI Open Scholarship, 2019.
- Students applying for The UWI Open Scholarship, 2019 must not hold an undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must be national citizen of one of the countries: Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos. Citizenship proof is also required.
- Candidates applying must have a
- minimum of 8 subjects at the Caribbean Examinations Council (CSEC) level including Mathematics and English A with Grades 1 or 2;
- minimum of 6 Units of CAPE including Communication Studies and Caribbean Studies, at the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examinations (CAPE) Units l and/or ll;
- or equivalent at GCE O / A Levels with grades 1 or 2.
- Students must have received an associate degree from a community or state college with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.6.
- Students applying must have finished their first year of a UWI undergraduate degree program study with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6.
- Applicants must submit a personal essay of 500 words that briefs their career aspirations, community involvement, and co-curricular activities, the reason for the choice of degree program.
- Students must provide evidence of leadership positions at the school, university.
- Candidates must submit two letters of reference, of which one must be from an academic referee who must have known the applicant for a minimum of two years attesting to the applicant’s academic ability and potential, demonstrated leadership qualities, and character.
Value of The University of West Indies Open Scholarship, 2019:
- The recipient of the scholarship will covers tuition fees along with residence costs and contributions to books and meals.
Deadline for The University of West Indies Open Scholarship, 2019:
- The last date to apply for The University of West Indies Open Scholarship is 30th April 2019.