Details about The Rhodes Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarships is offered for Masters degree in the field of Any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by The Rhodes Trust and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Tuition fee, stipend and to & fro airfare to Oxford . This scholarship is open for: Open to selected nationalities .
Deadlines: 14 September 2018 (Australia), 31 October 2018 (Bermuda), 28 September, 2018 (Canada), 14 October 2018 (China), 31 August (East Africa),30 September 2018 (Germany), 30 September 2018 (Hong Kong), 31 July 2018 (India),30 September (Israel), 30 September 2018 (Jamaica and the Commonwealth Caribbean), 31 August 2018 (Kenya),31 August 2018 (Malaysia), 16 July 2018 (New Zealand), 15 August 2018 (Pakistan), 15 August 2018 (Southern Africa), 15 November 2018 (Zambia) and 31 August 2018 (Zimbabwe), 3 Oct 2018 (U.S.A)
About the Rhodes Scholarships: The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting outstanding all-round students at the University of Oxford, and providing transformative opportunities for exceptional individuals. The Rhodes Trust provides the Rhodes Scholarships in partnership with Second Century Founder, John McCall MacBain and other generous benefactors. Established in 1903 under the will of Cecil Rhodes, the Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international graduate scholarship program in the world. A class of 88 Scholars is selected each year from: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica & the Commonwealth Caribbean, Kenya, New Zealand, Pakistan, Southern Africa (including South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland), United States, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Rhodes's vision in founding the Scholarship was to develop outstanding leaders who would be motivated to fight 'the world's fight' and to 'esteem the performance of public duties as their highest aim' and to promote international understanding and peace. His will outlines four criteria to be used in the election of Scholars:
- literary and scholastic attainments
- energy to use one's talents to the full
- truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one's fellow beings.
In short, Rhodes Scholarship selection committees will be seeking young women and men of outstanding intellect, character, leadership, and commitment to service.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, a personal stipend and one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the Scholarship, as well as an economy flight back to the student's home country at the conclusion of the Scholarship.
Application requirements: Applications for Rhodes Scholarships open during the spring and summer of the preceding year.
All candidates for the Scholarship should read the information about the Scholarships applicable globally and then proceed to their country-specific page. The online application is not available for applicants to New Zealand. Please refer to the relevant country page: New Zealand.
In broad terms, all constituencies will require the following materials in differing forms:
- Evidence of academic record/transcript (complete or in progress) of an undergraduate degree and any postgraduate study
- Curriculum vitae/resumé or list of principal activities
- Personal statement or essay (including, crucially, a clear statement of what the applicant wishes to study at Oxford and why)
- Evidence of age / birth certificate / passport
- English Language proficiency (where English is not the first language)
- List of referees (usually several are required) who can attest in confidential references to the character and intellect of the applicant, including academic, personal, extra-curricular and leadership achievements (and who should never include people to whom you are related)