Details about TechChange Summer Fellowship
TechChange Summer Fellowship is offered for Training & Short courses degree in the field of Web Development. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Feb 2016. This scholarship is provided by TechChange and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $2,000 monthly stipend . This scholarship is open for: Open to US nationals.
- Deadline: 15 Feb 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $2,000 monthly stipend
TechChange is excited to announce a summer fellowship program for recent graduates and rising college juniors and seniors. The fellowship will provide practical training in web development as well as a unique exposure to a range of applications and organizations using technology to tackle a variety of global challenges — from creating prosthetic limbs with a 3D printer to combating malaria with mobile devices. As a fellow you will spend three months designing and implementing a web development project related to education, technology, and social good. TechChange staff will provide training, mentorship, and a series of events to support you in this process.
The fellowship also includes:
- One-on-one mentorship with TechChange staff
- Field trips to organizations working in technology and social change
- An event series on a range of topics related to technology and social change
- A $2,000 monthly stipend for 3 months
- A round-trip plane ticket to DC from a location within the US
- Support with job placement at the conclusion of the fellowship.
- Be a current junior, senior, or a recent graduate
- Have at least one year of experience in computer science or web development
- Possess an interest in international relations, international development, humanitarian work, and social good
- Be self-starting and willing to have a little fun too
- Be a US citizen or have legal working status in the US for the duration of the fellowship.
Duration of award(s): This is a 3 months fellowship programme. The fellowship will run from June 6th – August 26th.
Note: Fellows will be announced no later than March 11th.