Details about Smith Postdoctoral Fellowship in Conservation Research Bridging the Gap Between Research and Application 2022
Smith Postdoctoral Fellowship in Conservation Research Bridging the Gap Between Research and Application 2022 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Conservation Research. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 16 Sep 2022. This scholarship is provided by Smith Fellows and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, salary of $63,500 + travel budget of $8,000 + research fund of $32,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 16 Sep 2022
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, salary of $63,500 + travel budget of $8,000 + research fund of $32,000
About the Fellowship:
The purpose of the David H. Smith Conservation Research Fellowship is: To create opportunities for leading conservation scientists to strengthen their skills through two years of applied post-doctoral research, supplemented by training programs, peer networking, and field learning experiences; so that they may: 1. Build productive partnerships with conservation practitioners; and 2. Contribute and communicate scientific knowledge to problems of critical importance in conservation.
- Applicants who have completed their doctorate within the past five years or by the time the award is made are eligible for Smith Conservation Research Fellowship.
- Candidates who have not yet completed their doctorate must indicate on the application the date the degree is expected.
- Early-career scientists from around the world are welcome to apply.
- He/She must be based at a United States institution.
- Applicants who are innovative and a practical-minded researcher with strong leadership skills are preferred.
- Applicants of Smith Conservation Research Fellowship are expected to have excellent communication skills.
- Candidates keen interest in applied research that improves conservation practice are welcome to apply.
- Applicants are selected based on four criteria:
- Applicants professional record is reviewed.
- The potential for innovation and leadership is assessed.
- Applicants commitment towards conservation.
- The strength of the applicant's proposal is evaluated.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their CV.
- A cover letter must be submitted.
- A brief description of the Research Proposal must be submitted.
- A personal statement in 200 words must be submitted.
- Applicants must provide three letters of recommendation.