Details about SAMRC Local Masters Scholarships, 2017
SAMRC Local Masters Scholarships, 2017 is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Health Sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Sep 2017. This scholarship is provided by South African Medical Research Council and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, R20 000.00 per annum +R5 000.00 per annum for fees . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- Deadline: 30 Sep 2017
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, R20 000.00 per annum +R5 000.00 per annum for fees
The South African Medical Research Council is offering scholarships to pursue full-time masters in the field of health sciences.
The candidates applying for SAMRC Local Masters Scholarships, 2017 should be citizens or permanent residents of South Africa.
- The applicants must have honors or a 4-year degree with at least 60%.
- The candidates are expected to register for a full-time masters degree with a minimum of 50% research component.
- The applicants undertaking research under a supervisor who is an MRC funded researcher are preferred.
- The supervisor of the student who is an allied health professional or nurse or a student who will study a historically disadvantaged institution need not be an MRC funded researcher.
How to apply?
- The applicants for SAMRC Local Masters Scholarships, 2017 should submit their applications to the postgraduate scholarships office or research support services at the tertiary institutions.
- The applications will be submitted from the tertiary institution’s administrative office to the MRC.
- The candidates are expected to consult the principal research supervisor and co-supervisor(s) beforehand.
- The university must confirm that the applicant has been accepted for master’s study.
The candidates applying for SAMRC Local Masters Scholarships, 2017 will be assessed based on their gender, academic record, potential, and the population group.
Value of the scholarship
The recipients get R20 000.00 per annum for subsistence and R5 000.00 per year towards fees.