Details about 2016 Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships
2016 Sagan Postdoctoral Fellowships is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Research related to the discovery and characterization of planetary systems. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 03 Nov 2016. This scholarship is provided by California Institute Of Technology (Caltech) and the value of this scholarship is Only tuition fees, $67500 per annum . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 03 Nov 2016
- Scholarship value: Only tuition fees, $67500 per annum
More about this scholarship:
- The Sagan Fellowship Program aims to advance the scientific and technical goals of NASA's Exoplanet Exploration Program, namely the discovery and characterization of planetary systems and Earth-like planets around nearby stars.
- Sagan Fellowships are joined by two other NASA astrophysics theme-based fellowship programs: the Einstein Fellowship Program which supports the Physics of the Cosmos research, and the Hubble Fellowship Program which supports Cosmic Origins research.
- Eligible applicants are those who have received a PhD in astronomy, space physics, or related disciplines within the last 3 years (since January 1, 2013).
- The duration of the fellowship is up to three years: an initial one-year appointment and two annual renewals contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of NASA funds.
- The fellowships are tenable at U.S. host institutions of the fellows' choice, subject to a maximum of one new fellow per host institution per year.
- The fellowship shall include an annual research budget not to exceed $16,000 per year to cover research related expenses such as but not limited to travel, page charges, small equipment, and computers, to cover the purchase of more expensive equipment at the beginning of the funding period.
- The program also sponsors Sagan Summer Workshops and Sagan Fellowship Symposia to increase and facilitate open exchange of information and ideas in the field through personal contacts of students, postdoctoral researchers, young faculty members, and established researchers.
Number of fellowships awarded: 5