Details about SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017
SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Agriculture or allied sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Apr 2017. This scholarship is provided by SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC) and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Living allowances + Tuition fee + other benefits . This scholarship is open for: Open to students of SAARC Member State (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) .
- Deadline: 30 Apr 2017
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Living allowances + Tuition fee + other benefits
The SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017 are open to candidates from SAARC member countries who wish to pursue their Ph.D.
- Candidates applying for SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017 must be citizens of an SAARC Member State (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka).
- Applicants are required to be employees of the National Agricultural Research and Extension System (NARES) of the respective Member States.
- By the closing date of the scholarship, applicants must be aged not more than 40 years.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification (MSc/ MS/ MPhil) in agriculture or allied sciences is required.
- Applicants of SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017 must possess good command over written and spoken English language and outstanding academic record.
- Candidates with publications on climate change and conservation agriculture would be given preference.
- Applicants must be available for 3 years from 2017 on a full-time basis.
The applicants of SAARC Agriculture Centre Scholarships, 2017 must submit the following documents before the deadline:
- PhD synopsis
- Certified copies of postgraduate and basic degree certificates
- List of publications
Value of the scholarship:
- Economy class airfare from home country and return at the end of Ph.D. study
- Tuition fee
- Living allowances at the rate US$ 600 per month
- A grant of US$ 1000 for books, study materials, computer, and thesis production expenditure
- A grant of US$ 1000/ year for research costs with the recommendation of Ph.D. supervisor