Details about Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS)
Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS) is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Medicine. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is Deadline varies. This scholarship is provided by Australian government and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Un-bonded scholarships worth $10,000 a year . This scholarship is open for: Open to Australian Citizens.
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Un-bonded scholarships worth $10,000 a year
RAMUS (Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship) is a scholarship scheme for students with a rural background who are studying medicine at university. RAMUS scholarship holders are selected through an annual competitive application process on the basis of their rural background, financial need and demonstrated commitment to working in rural Australia in the future. RAMUS provides financial support to help scholarship holders meet the costs of studying medicine at university, particularly the costs of moving and living away from their family support structures. RAMUS also provides mentoring and other support that assists scholarship holders to develop their knowledge and understanding of working as a medical practitioner in rural areas. The RAMUS Scheme is an Australian Government initiative which is administered on the Government’s behalf by the National Rural Health Alliance.
Eligibility: To be eligible for RAMUS applicants must:
- Be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia
- Have lived in a defined Australian rural area for a minimum of five consecutive years, or eight cumulative years, from their fifth birthday up to the time of entering medical school
- Be studying full-time in an accredited Australian undergraduate or graduate-entry medical degree
- Students can apply for RAMUS if they are applying to study medicine, but do not yet have a confirmed university place; or if they are already enrolled in a medical degree, and in any year of their medical studies.
- Agree to be a member of the student rural health club at or affiliated with the university at which they are, or will be, enrolled
- Must not be receiving any other scholarships, cadetships or bursaries with a combined value of more than $7,000 per year