Details about Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Department of Geosciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 28 Feb 2016. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, 483 700 - 550 400 NOK/year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all Nationalities.
- Deadline: 28 Feb 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, 483 700 - 550 400 NOK/year
- The applicant should possess a PhD degree or the equivalent awarded by a Geoscience, Physics, Geophysics, Mathematics, Geomatics or Computer Science faculty.
- The candidate should also have an experience in remote sensing, numerical modeling, and/or spatial analysis. Experience with processing and displaying of large data sets in time and space would be considered.
- The applicant must also demonstrate a technical expertise in a GIS system and one or more programming languages like MATLAB, IDL or Python.
- Experience must be required in one of the topics such as Processing of remotely sensed radar data, Remote sensing of (land) surface temperatures, Remote sensing of snow extent and snow water equivalent.
- The Application letter should include your interests, detailed CV
- Official transcripts and copies of educational certificates should be attached.
- A copy of the PhD thesis can also be submitted if available.
- Publications and other academic works of the applicant should be submitted, which are considered as an asset by the evaluation committee
- The applicant may also have to provide Names and contact details of 2-3 referees including name, relation to the candidate, e-mail and telephone number.
- The Selection criteria is based on the academic credentials achieved by the candidate.
- The applicants must be dedicated with excellent writing skills and the ability to work in a highly team-orientated environment.
- A good command in English is essential.