Details about Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Permafrost Modeling, University Of Oslo
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Permafrost Modeling, University Of Oslo is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Weather Research and Forecasting. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Mar 2016. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, NOK 483 700 ' 560 700/year . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 15 Mar 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, NOK 483 700 ' 560 700/year
- Department of Geosciences encourages applications from the dedicated candidates with excellent writing skills and also the ability to work in a highly team-orientated environment.
- The applicant must have a PhD degree or the equivalent awarded by a Geoscience faculty.
- The candidate is also asked to have a strong background in WRF modeling in Norway, Svalbard, and/or NE Siberia, and also focussing on the representation of surface energy balance, snow cover and/or glacier mass balance, in particular.
- An evidence should be submitted that the candidate is capable of modifying the WRF source code to facilitate improvements of the model physics.
- Previous experience with implementation of subgrid formulations of snow distribution in WRF is considered as an advantage.
- The successful applicants must exhibit a technical expertise in programming like MATLAB and/or FORTRAN.
- The candidate should also prove his/her creativity and capability of independent research.
- The communication skills of the candidate are also taken into consideration.
- The candidate should submit an application letter which should also include a statement of research interests
- A detailed CV including the education, positions, and academic work, and other qualifying activity.
- Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records of all the previous studies.
- The applicant is also asked to submit a copy of the PhD thesis, if available.
- Candidate should submit a list of other academic works and publications and/or awards and stipends that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee.
- Names and contact details of 2-3 referees.