Details about Post Career Break Fellowship
Post Career Break Fellowship is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Science and Engineering. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Mar 2016. This scholarship is provided by CERN and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, Stipends are competitive . This scholarship is open for: Open to students of CERN member states.
- Deadline: 01 Mar 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, Stipends are competitive
CERN has launched a programme to offer full-time or part-time Fellowships to science and engineering graduates wishing to re-start their careers. This is an outstanding chance for you to update your knowledge and skills working for up to three years in an international environment at the forefront of research. CERN is proud to be involved in COFUND a European Commission Marie Sklodowksa-Curie Action to stimulate mobility and career development through fellowship programmes. Through the COFUND programme, they will be offering a limited number of 3-year Fellowships to top-ranked Senior Fellows. Candidates meeting these requirements will be considered for a COFUND Fellowship. One feature of the COFUND programme is the possibility to spend up to 12 months of the Fellow contract at another institute, provided that the work still corresponds to your original project at CERN.
What CERN Offers:
- The possibility to work full-time or part-time (minimum 22 hours per week).
- An initial 2-year contract.
- Financial conditions: Fellows stipends are calculated individually - stipends are competitive and net of tax.
- Leave: Fellows are entitled to 2.5 days paid leave per month (pro rata according to working hours).
- Insurance: Fellows are covered by CERN's comprehensive health scheme for themselves and their dependents.
- Travel expenses: Fellows are entitled to travel expenses for themselves and their family (unless stipulated otherwise on their contract).
- Allowances: Family allowance, child allowance and infant allowance are paid to Fellows according to their individual circumstances.
- School fees: Fellows are entitled to reimbursement of school fees of dependent children subject to certain conditions and within certain financial ceilings.
- We also offer help with finding suitable accommodation.
Number of award(s) offered: Limited number of fellowships will be available. CERN already runs a very successful Fellowship Programme which awards approximately 200 Fellowships per year.
Duration of award(s): Fellowships are normally granted for two years. Extensions for part or all of a third year are granted only in exceptional circumstances. Please note that an individual may only benefit from Fellow status at CERN for a maximum of 36 months. There is no possibility of exceptions. The minimum duration of a Fellow contract is 6 months. There is a possibility to work full-time or part-time (minimum 22 hours per week).
Note: All applications for Fellowships are considered by the Associates and Fellows Committee which meets twice per year, usually in May and November. Successful applicants are normally expected to take up their appointments within 3 months of date specified by the candidate on their application form.