Details about PhD Scholarships In European Periodical Studies
PhD Scholarships In European Periodical Studies is offered for PhD degree in the field of European Periodical Studies. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Oct 2015. This scholarship is provided by Ghent University and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, A salary of 1800 EUR per month . This scholarship is open for: Open to Belgian citizens.
- Deadline: 31 Oct 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, A salary of 1800 EUR per month
Applications are invited for three full-time fully funded PhD scholarships in European periodical studies tenable for a period of up to four year each in the Department of Literary Studies at Ghent University, Belgium. The successful candidates will participate in the project “Agents of Change: Women Editors and Socio-Cultural Transformation in Europe, 1710-1920?, funded by an ERC Starting Grant and directed by Prof. dr. Marianne Van Remoortel. This project aims to map the transnational networks of intellectual and textual exchange through which women editors of periodicals impacted social and cultural life in early-eighteenth- to early-twentieth-century Europe.
- Applicant holds a Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as Literature, Comparative Literature or History. Experience in women’s history would be considered a plus.
- Applicant have an excellent command of at least two European languages – the term “European” taken here in the broadest historical sense of the word, not just the current European Union.
- Additional reading knowledge of other European languages would be a plus.
- Applicant has good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Applicant has an outstanding academic record.
- Applicant has an aptitude for original and creative work, independently as well as in a team.
Scholarship value: The net salary will be approximately 1800 EUR per month, gradually rising to approximately 2000 EUR per month in the fourth year.