Details about PhD Research Fellowship In Paleontology
PhD Research Fellowship In Paleontology is offered for PhD degree in the field of Paleontology. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 13 Feb 2022. This scholarship is provided by University of Oslo and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, A stipend of NOK 430 500 ' 483 700 per year will be provided . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 13 Feb 2022
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, A stipend of NOK 430 500 ' 483 700 per year will be provided
The aims of the project are to revise the ammonoid taxonomy and biozonation and to improve our understanding of the paleobiogeography and paleoenvironment of the High Boreal Triassic.The candidate will study Lower to Middle Triassic ammonoid faunas of the Arctic region, with a focus on Svalbard. The project will involve field and laboratory work, taxonomic description, statistical and ecological analysis, and quantitative biostratigraphy. Integration with geochemistry and other background data will also be important. The project is a cooperation between the University of Oslo, the University of Zürich and the University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS). The candidate will be part of active Triassic research groups in Oslo and Zürich.
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in geology or biology, with specialization in invertebrate paleontology. Physical ability for field work in the Arctic is required. Previous experience with some or all of the following subjects is desired: The Triassic system, ammonoids, Arctic geology, taxonomic description and statistical analysis
- We seek a highly motivated, hardworking and creative student who is able to think and work independently, but who is also able to work well as part of a team. The candidate has to have good communication skills and will collaborate with researchers across disciplines
- The purpose of the fellowship is research training leading to the successful completion of a PhD degree.
- The fellowship requires admission to the PhD programme at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences. The application to the PhD programme must be submitted no later than two months after taking up the position.