Details about PhD in Analysis of Ambient Seismic Signal Acquired with Fibre Optic Sensing 2020
PhD in Analysis of Ambient Seismic Signal Acquired with Fibre Optic Sensing 2020 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Geophysics, Electronics and Computer Science. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Sep 2020. This scholarship is provided by Curtin University and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Stipend and fees . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Sep 2020
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Stipend and fees
Eligibility for PhD in Analysis of Ambient Seismic Signal Acquired with Fibre Optic Sensing 2020:
- English language IELTS requirements
- Future Higher degree by research applicants
- Background in physics, geophysics, mechanics, computing or engineering, or a related discipline
- Good math skills
- Scientific programming skills
- Some experience in signal processing
- Experience in fieldwork a plus
Value of PhD in Analysis of Ambient Seismic Signal Acquired with Fibre Optic Sensing 2020:
- The total value of the annual scholarships (stipend and fees) is approx. AUD 60,000 - AUD 70,000 p.a.
- Curtin PhD stipends are valued at AUD 28,092 p.a. for up to a maximum of 3.5 years.
- The successful applicants will receive a 100% fee offset.
The student project will involve the following components:
- participation in the acquisition of distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) data;
- processing and analysis of DAS records collected by a number of fiber optic arrays;
- developing and adapting existing algorithms for this analysis;
- computer modeling of the generation of seismic energy by ocean waves (wind waves, swell, surf)