Details about Oyu Tolgoi Scholarship
Oyu Tolgoi Scholarship is offered for Masters degree in the field of Mining engineering, Mechanical engineering, Geology, Electrical engineering, Mineral processing/metallurgy engineering, Geosciences, Occupational health and safety and Environment. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 09 Oct 2015. This scholarship is provided by Oyu Tolgoi and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Full tuition fees + Living expense + Visa and Travel Expense & more . This scholarship is open for: Open to students from Mongolia.
- Deadline: 09 Oct 2015
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Full tuition fees + Living expense + Visa and Travel Expense & more
Oyu Tolgoi encourages and strongly values education, development and the pursuit of excellence. As per the Investment Agreement and the Memorandum of Understanding between Oyu Tolgoi LLC and the Ministry of Education of Culture and Science on professional training and education, Oyu Tolgoi LLC administers since September 2011 the International scholarship program for assisting in the education of Mongolian nationals. Oyu Tolgoi International scholarship program is designed to financially assist selected applicants in obtaining Master degree in fields related to the mining industry from at the University of British Columbia, Canada and Curtin University, Australia commencing in July 2016.
- Be a citizen of Mongolia
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.4 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
- Have a TOEFL (80 and above) and/or IELTS (6.5 and above) English language proficiency score relevant to the English language requirements of intended school of study (test results must be valid until April 2016)
- Must not hold other scholarships except for Oyu Tolgoi scholarship
- Must not hold fulltime employment contract with Oyu Tolgoi LLC
- Be a recent graduate (must have graduated within the last three years) and hold Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education or be a fourth year fulltime student at an accredited Mongolian university.
Scholarship Value: Scholarship benefits include: University application fee, Tuition fee, Contribution to purchase study materials, Monthly living allowance, Dormitory fee, International student health insurance, Visa and travel fees. Scholarship holders will be given an opportunity to do an internship at Oyu Tolgoi LLC. Upon successful completion of the program, the scholars are expected to return to Mongolia.