Details about Max Planck Research Award
Max Planck Research Award is offered for PhD, Post Doc degree in the field of Organismal Biology. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 15 Jan 2016. This scholarship is provided by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, EUR 750,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 15 Jan 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, EUR 750,000
Excellent scientists and scholars of all nationalities who are expected to continue producing outstanding academic achievements in international collaboration – not least with the assistance of this award – are eligible to be nominated for the Max Planck Research Award. On an annually-alternating basis, the call for nominations addresses areas within the natural and engineering sciences, the life sciences, and the social sciences and humanities.
- The nominee must be recognised internationally as an outstandingly qualified academic.
- Expectation of continued outstanding academic achievements in international collaboration.
- Nomination by a person entitled to make the nomination.
- Expert reviews by important international and German collaborative partners and/or academics.
Number of awards offered: Every year, the Humboldt Foundation and the Max Planck Society grant two research awards to one researcher working abroad and one researcher working in Germany.
Tenure of award(s): Scholarships are offered for a period of three to a maximum of five years.
Selection criteria: The Selection Committee makes its decision solely on the basis of the nominees’ academic qualifications.
Notification: Reviewing the applications takes four to six months. Nominees will be notified about the Selection Committee’s decision immediately after spring/summer 2016.