Details about Lâ€™OrÃ©al USA For Women In Science Fellowship
Lâ€™OrÃ©al USA For Women In Science Fellowship is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 05 Feb 2016. This scholarship is provided by L'OrÃ©al For Young Women In Science . This scholarship is open for: Open to female applicants from United States.
The L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship program awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each for their contributions in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields and commitment to serving as role models for younger generations. The program is the U.S. component of the L'Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Fellowships. Celebrating its twelfth year in the U.S., the For Women in Science program has awarded 60 postdoctoral women scientists nearly $3 million in grants.
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by December 31, 2015
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
- Must be available the week of October 4-7, 2016 for the For Women in Science Awards Week