Details about IDRC Doctoral Research Awards
IDRC Doctoral Research Awards is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Research in areas of Agriculture and Environment, Inclusive Economies, or Technology . You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 18 May 2016. This scholarship is provided by International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, CAD $20,000 towards research . This scholarship is open for: Open to permanent residents of Canada and citizens of developing countries.
- Deadline: 18 May 2016
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, CAD $20,000 towards research
- Candidate must belong to a developing country or a permanent resident of Canada.
- Should be part of a Canadian university at the doctoral level.
- The candidate is expected to complete several courses in the doctoral program at the time of applying.
- The applicant is required to complete the course before taking up the award.
- The applicant should pass out all exams before applying.
- Field research must be conducted for a doctoral dissertation
- The research should take place in one or more developing countries.
- The supervisor should do approval of the candidate's thesis.
- Receiving two or more active IDRC awards is not permitted.
- No time overlaps will not be allowed.
- Candidate must produce evidence of affiliation with the organization or institution in the developing region in which the research will take place.
- Should be suitable for thematic priorities and IDRC mission.
- Budget is evaluated.
- Ethical considerations of the research.
- Selection is based on clarity of the research proposal.
- Creativity and Originality of the research study.
- The timing of the research and overall feasibility.
- Research proposals quality, appropriateness, completeness is assessed.
- Logistical, cultural and scientific constraints are considered.
- Assessment of the capacity to conduct the proposed research.
- Evaluated on research experience, academic training, local language capability.
- Professional skills, and knowledge of country/region of research.
- Gender dimensions of the research.
- Potential contribution to existing knowledge on the issue.
- Benefits of the research on the communities.
- Research results are to be published and used.
- Application to be filled online including the budget.
- Two references to be filled online.
- Letter of Approval from Research Supervisor.
- Letter of Affiliation.
- Research Proposal.
- Official Transcripts.
- Proof of Citizenship/Permanent Residency.