Details about ICS-HYI Fellowship for China Studies, 2018
ICS-HYI Fellowship for China Studies, 2018 is offered for PhD degree in the field of Chinese Studies. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 10 Feb 2018. This scholarship is provided by The Institute of Chinese Studies, Delhi and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, . . This scholarship is open for: Open to Indian students.
- Deadline: 10 Feb 2018
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, .
Institute of Chinese Studies, Delhi (ICS) and the Harvard-Yenching Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts (HYI) jointly are providing multi-year doctoral ICS-HYI Fellowship for China Studies, 2018 to Indian students.
Eligibility for ICS-HYI Fellowship for China Studies, 2018:
- Applicants must be Indian students.
- The applicants of ICS-HYI Fellowship for China Studies, 2018 must be either already enrolled in a Ph.D. programme in an Indian university or must be in the process of applying.
- If the applicant doesn't possess language skills and has completed one year of a Ph.D. programme with synopsis passed by the home university, then focus during the first year will be on developing a working ability to read and translate modern Chinese equivalent to the level of the One-Year Intensive course of Delhi University.
- At the end of the year, the candidate is required to take a language test.
- If the candidate fails the test, the fellowship will be discontinued until the candidate gets through it. Selection Committee determines that he or she is ready to go to China.
- If the candidate has not yet begun the Ph.D. program and possesses no language skills, then Fellowship will be available for the first two years following Ph.D. registration in the home university in India. During that period, the candidate will aim to pass the language tests and have the synopsis passed.The Fellowship will be available from the time the ICS receives confirmation of the Ph.D. registration.
- Applicant should sign a bond with ICS, agreeing to spend two years after submission of the Ph.D., in either a teaching position or research position relevant to Chinese studies in India.
- Applicant must submit three signed references on official letterheads, of which at least two must be from academics in universities or scholars in research institutions.
- Applicant must submit CV with academic record, awards, contact details.
- Statement of purpose, describing candidate’s interest in China and relevance of the Ph.D. proposal for Chinese studies or India-China comparative studies.
- Academic transcripts from MA-level onwards (scanned copies).
- Proof of relevant language capability, if applicable (scanned copies).
- Ph.D. research proposal submitted or being submitted to the university. If the synopsis has not been finalized, a 1000 word proposal outlining the research focus.