Details about Frank Evison Research Scholarship In Geophysics 2023
Frank Evison Research Scholarship In Geophysics 2023 is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Seismogenesis, Earthquake forecasting. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 01 Nov 2023. This scholarship is provided by Victoria University of Wellington and the value of this scholarship is Partial Funding, $15,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationals.
- Deadline: 01 Nov 2023
- Scholarship value: Partial Funding, $15,000
The scholarship is in memory of Emeritus Professor Frank Evison who graduated from Victoria University of Wellington with a BSc in Physics and an MA with Honours in Mathematics. He gained a PhD from the University of London. He joined the Geophysics Division of the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research where he discovered coal-seam-guided S waves, which became known as Evison waves. In 1967 he was appointed inaugural Professor of Geophysics at the University, and from 1988 he remained active as an Emeritus Professor. Much of Professor Evison’s career was devoted to research about earthquake forecasting, which he continued until his death.
The purpose is for students at the Masters by Thesis or PhD level, with the objective of continuing work in the field led by Professor Evison. The focus is on long-term seismogenesis and long-range earthquake forecasting.
Eligibility for the Frank Evison Research Scholarship in Geophysics:
- Applicants must be enrolled or intending to enrol in a Masters by Thesis or PhD at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.
- Candidates research should focus on a long-term seismogenesis and long-range earthquake forecasting.
- A statement outlining proposed research
- A CV
- Two references (to be requested via the online application).