Details about Do School Hamburg Start-Up Fellowship
Do School Hamburg Start-Up Fellowship is offered for Training & Short courses degree in the field of One-Year Start-Up Training Programme. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 09 Oct 2015. This scholarship is provided by The DO School and the value of this scholarship is Only tuition fees, EUR 1,000 . This scholarship is open for: Open to all nationalities.
- Deadline: 09 Oct 2015
- Scholarship value: Only tuition fees, EUR 1,000
The DO school is One-year Start-Up Fellowship for highly motivated and talented emerging social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs age 21 to 31. Around 20 Fellows will take part in this One-Year Program. Applicants should have strong connection to Sub- Saharan Africa who are active in education, community outreach, governmental organisations, activism or with a pedagogical background.
The One-Year Program enables you to spend 10 weeks on campus in Berlin to develop your individual business plan and learn hands-on what it takes to be an entrepreneur by working on a real life group Challenge posed by Messe Berlin, one of the world’s leading trade exhibition companies. During the following 10 months, you start your own mission-driven venture back in your home country supported by our team of coaches and mentors. The task of the Challenge is to capture, preserve and publish the expertise of the exhibitors and trade visitors present in new and exciting formats, e.g. by using new technologies or forms of storytelling.
For the Incubation Phase, you can apply for aid to cover all or part of your tuition fee, travel costs to and from the DO School campus and for your living and accommodation costs. Internet bursary is available for those who otherwise lack the means to participate in the online learning program.
- You are between 21 and 31 years old. This means on the first day of the program you are least 21 years old and no older than 31. If you are not legally of age in your home country at the time of application, you will have to supply a permission signed by a parent or legal guardian for the application to be valid.
- Successful candidates may come from, but are not restricted to the fields of storytelling technique such as writers, bloggers, videographers, journalists but also business analysts, educators, information architects, web and information designers.
- It is central to their mission that we offer inclusive educational opportunities to talented young adults. We support you regardless of your socioeconomic or educational background and encourage you, no matter if you are a university student or graduate or don’t have a higher education.
- Since the DO School program is conducted in English we require for you to apply in English and to have a good working knowledge of the language.
Number of awards offered: 20 Fellows will take part in this One-Year Program.
Duration of award(s): Fellowship is awarded for one-year program. There are two phases: Incubation Phase: 11 January – 20 March 2016 and Implementation Phase: 21 March – 11 January 2017
Selection Criteria: Admissions to the DO School work on a need-blind basis. This means selection decisions are made regardless of an applicant’s financial situation and scholarships are available to those who are accepted onto the One-Year Program but cannot raise enough money by themselves to cover the costs of participating in the program.
Note: Do school will be in touch via email 6-8 weeks after the application deadline. If your application passes the first selection round, you will be invited for a Skype interview for the second round. All applicants will be notified, whether successful or not.