Details about Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program
Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program is offered for High/Secondary School, Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree in the field of All Subjects. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 30 Apr 2016. This scholarship is provided by Government Of Canada and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Monthly Stipend, Tuition fee+ Other expenses . This scholarship is open for: Open to eligible CARICOM countries.
- Deadline: 30 Apr 2016
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Monthly Stipend, Tuition fee+ Other expenses
Description: The Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program provides students and researchers from the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
Where can you take up: Canadian Institutions
Scholarship Value and Duration:
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD for all successful candidates (students and researchers) in the form of a contribution agreement and will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value varies depending on the duration and level of study. The scholarship value for students is:
- $7,200 CAN for college, undergraduate or graduate (Master’s and PhD) students for four months or one academic term of study or research;
- $9,700 CAN for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five or six months of study or research; or
- $14,700 CAN for undergraduate and college students for a period of eight months of study or research.
- In addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim $300 CAN per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
Canadian institutions will disburse scholarship funds to the scholarship recipient to cover costs including:
- visa and/or study/work permit fees;
- airfare, for the scholarship recipient only, to Canada by the most direct and economical route and return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- health insurance;
- living expenses;
- ground transportation expenses, including a monthly bus pass; and
- books, supplies, and equipment, excluding computers, required for the recipient’s study or research.
Candidates must be citizens of one of the following eligible CARICOM countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos.
- who have obtained Canadian citizenship or who have applied for permanent residency in Canada are not eligible;
- already participating in an exchange program in Canada are not eligible;
- already enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a Canadian university or college are not eligible; and
- must be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country and paying any tuition fees regulated by that institution for the full duration of the exchange.