Details about BWF's Career Awards At The Scientific Interface, 2018
BWF's Career Awards At The Scientific Interface, 2018 is offered for Post Doc degree in the field of Postdoctoral work in the biological sciences. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 09 Jan 2019. This scholarship is provided by Burroughs Wellcome Fund and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, . . This scholarship is open for: Open to citizens and permanent residents of the US and Canada and US temporary residents..
- Deadline: 09 Jan 2019
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, .
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund is a private foundation for advancing the biomedical research by helping the scientific and educational activities and research. BWF's Career Awards at the Scientific Interface, 2019 offers awards to the citizens, permanent residents of the US and Canada and temporary residents of the US. to bridge postdoctoral training and the first three years of the faculty service.
- The BWF's Career Awards at the Scientific Interface, 2019 applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in fields like Physics, Chemistry, Computer science, Mathematics, Engineering or Statistics. Exceptions are made to those who show expertise in these areas through publications.
- The candidates who have Ph.D. in fields like cell biology/ biochemistry/biology/biophysics etc. are considered eligible if they show significant competence in the above- mentioned fields through advanced coursework, publications etc.
- The applicants are expected to use non-biological methods and the work should be interdisciplinary.
- The candidate is considered eligible if he/she holds an M.D and Ph.D.
- The Ph.D. should be in the fields mentioned above.
- The applicants are not eligible if he/she holds an M.D. without Ph.D.
- The candidate is not considered eligible if the time spent on the postdoctoral research exceeds 48 months from the receipt of the final degree and should not be less than 12 months.
- If the applicant's entire research work is in the scientific field and exceeds 48 months then he/she is not eligible, but only part of the research is the scientific field and does not exceed 48 months then he/she can be considered as eligible.
- The candidates should not have a faculty appointment ( tenure-track
- The applicants for BWF's Career Awards at the Scientific Interface, 2019 should be committed to pursuing a career as an independent investigator at a North American degree-granting institution.
- The candidate's institutions should be non-profit and 501(c)(3) or equivalent in the US and Canada.
- The applicants should have tow postdoctoral mentors, where the primary mentor should be appointed at the same institution as the applicant.
- The candidates are expected to be qualified to work in the US and Canada.
- The US temporary residents should hold visa (J-1, H1B, F-1 or O-1 visas) and the temporary residents of Canada should hold Study Permit, C-43, C44, C-10, or C-20 work permits/visas.
- Those who have accepted the U.S. National Institutes of Health's K99 award are not eligible.
- The applicants from HHMI’s Janelia Farm Research Campus or the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) can also apply for this program and BWF will award them $360,000 only.
- The candidate with a K01 award from the NIH can also apply, but the NIH should fund the candidate for the postdoctoral portion as BWF will only fund the faulty part. Only one pre-proposal should be submitted by the applicant.
- The applicants are evaluated based on the extent of their training in scientific fields other than biology and the innovative answers provided to biological questions in the proposal.
- The candidates are assessed based on the research plan's interdisciplinary nature and the inclusion of non-biological methods in the proposal.
- The applicants are also evaluated on the basis of research proposal's quality and the candidate's potential to build the career as an independent researcher.
- The BWF's Career Awards at the Scientific Interface, 2019 has two phases, pre-proposals, and full proposals. The applicants will get an invitation for the full proposal after submitting the pre-proposal.
- The candidates are expected to submit signature page form (template), graduate advisor recommendation letter, submitted reprints (1 required, 2 optional), personal statement (1-page limit, template), NIH bio sketch, research plan (6-page limit), scientific abstract (1-page limit, template), institutional certification form (template).
- The recipients get a total of $70,000 annually for the postdoctoral fellowship portion for the first two years and a total of $120,000 annually for the next three years.