Details about AUN/SEED-Net Scholarship
AUN/SEED-Net Scholarship is offered for Masters, PhD degree in the field of Engineering and Natural Disaster. You can apply to this scholarship here. The deadline for the sending your application is 31 Oct 2016. This scholarship is provided by AUN/SEED-Net and the value of this scholarship is Full Funding, Tuition fees+Living allowance (living allowance for the successful applicant who studies in home cou . This scholarship is open for: Open to students from ASEAN countries.
- Deadline: 31 Oct 2016
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, Tuition fees+Living allowance (living allowance for the successful applicant who studies in home cou
About the Scholarship: AUN/SEED-Net provides Master’s Degree Program Scholarship to highly qualified young faculty staff / prospective young faculty staff of Member Institutions to acquire Master’s degrees in ten engineering fields at Host Institutions. During two (2) years of the scholarship, students will be jointly supervised by advisor at Host Institution and Japanese co-advisor from Japanese Supporting Universities to conduct the high quality thesis research under the supporting program called Collaborative Research Program. AUN/SEED-Net may provide supporting programs to alumni to continuously improve their research and educational capacity such as the support of research conducted with Japanese professors, participation to conferences, as well as publication in international journals. Their alumni, who are fostered to be the leading human resources in engineering in each ASEAN country, are expected to the link between academicians in ASEAN and Japan and further strengthen the AUN/SEED-Net Network.
- Applicants must be young faculty staff of Sending Institutions, or graduating students/graduates who are strongly motivated to pursue a professional career as faculty staff at Sending Institutions.
- Applicants must be endorsed to apply by Sending Institutions in their home country, which expect them to be faculty staff after completion of graduate program.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field, or to complete the bachelor’s degree before starting this degree program.
- Applicants should meet at least one of the following academic performance standards: class rank within top 15 % in their final or most recent year’s class of Bachelor’s degree or; cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at least 3.0 in the 4-scale grade system or 7.5 in the 10 scale grading system in Bachelor’s degree or; an equivalent to remarkable academic achievements with evidence support. The Certified Letter on Academic Standing (Attachment 3) is required.
- Applicants must have sufficient English proficiency to study and carry on their research in English. Please submit the Certificate of English Proficiency Test, if any.
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of application and capable of carrying out independent research.
- Applicants can apply for the Host Institution in their home country, if the Sending Institution and the Host Institution is the same university, and have an outstanding academic performance (Class Rank within top 5 % in their final or most recent year’s class of Bachelor’s degree). The Certified Letter on Academic Standing (Attachment 3) is required.
- Applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally to apply for a scholarship.
- The scholarships are intended for the intake JFY 2016 students. The scholarships cannot be granted for the applicants who have already commenced their study before the announcement of the scholarships award JFY 2016; have already got any other equivalent major award, scholarship or a salary to undertake a proposed program.
Number of awards: Approximately 50 scholarships for the Japanese Fiscal Year 2016 will be supported (the exact number of scholarship will be decided based on the budget situation). The scholarships, in principle, should be distributed across fields.
Duration of awards: The commencement of scholarship should be within the Japanese Fiscal Year 2016; that is, awarded students should commence their study within April 2016 – March 2017. The duration of the scholarship is strictly two (2) years, starting from the day of arrival at a Host Institution. Students who need more than two (2) years to acquire a degree will be expected to self finance during period of extension.
What does it cover?: The scholarships cover tuition fees, living allowance (living allowance for the successful applicant who studies in home country may be adjusted), health insurance, relocation allowance, and a round-trip air ticket (Health insurance, relocation allowance, and a round-trip air ticket will be provided only for international student.), in accordance with AUN/SEED-Net regulations. There may be partial support(s) from concerned Host and Sending Institution.
How to Apply: To apply for AUN/SEED-Net Scholarships, applicants must be endorsed by their Sending Institutions in home country. Please note that applications without an endorsement letter will not be accepted. After being endorsed by Sending Institution(s), applicants are required to submit two types of applications;
- AUN/SEED-Net Application Form
- Host Institution’s Application Form