The minimum entry requirements are AAA + AS-level at Grade B overall, to include:
- A in Chemistry
- A in Biology
- A in another subject (Mathematics preferred)
- B at AS-level or above (this must be in Mathematics if not offered at A-level)
- Candidates who have taken Mathematics at A2 are required to obtain a B in any other AS-level.
Applicants offering pre-2002 qualifications will be required to have grades AAA in A-level Chemistry, Biology and a third subject. General Studies will not be accepted at any level.
GCSE (or equivalent)
All applicants must have the following subjects at GCSE level, at grades AAABB or above (in any order):
- Biology (or Human Biology)
- English Language
- Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics or Statistics)
- The Science double award may substitute all sciences at GCSE level and must be at grade A.
EPQ: Please note that an EPQ cannot be used as part of the AS and A2 Level entry requirements
The International Baccalaureate is acceptable as an entry qualification. We require an overall score of 38 points including 6 in Biology and 6 in Chemistry, both of which must be offered at higher level. We also require English, grade 5 at standard level.
85% overall; 9 in Biology and Chemistry and 6.5 in English.
Advanced placement candidates must have a minimum of 3 AP tests, with the following grades: 5 in Chemistry, 5 in Biology, and 5 in Calculus BC or any other science subject.
The School of Medicine accepts various other international qualifications for admission to medicine. For further information please contact the admissions team on [email protected]
The Pre-U Diploma is acceptable as an entry qualification. You must offer four Principal Subjects with grades of D3 or higher in Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics. The fourth subject may be either an additional Science or another Mathematics subject.
You will also be required to offer grades AAABB, in any order, in the following GCSE's:
- English Language
- The Science double award may substitute all sciences at GCSE.
If you are taking a combination of Pre-U and A-level subjects you should contact the medicine admissions team for advice on the grades you will be required to achieve.
Accepted English Qualifications
- AS Level/A-level
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- European Baccalaureate
- GCSE or GCE 'O' Level
- Hong Kong AS Level
- Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examinations Syllabus B
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education
- International Baccalaureate
- International Option of the French Baccalaureat (OIB)
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Malaysian Certificate of Education (Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia)
- Scottish Standard Grade
- Singapore Cambridge A-Levels
- Singapore Cambridge O-Levels
- Singapore Integrated Programme Cambridge A Levels (SIPCAL)
- USA Advanced Placement Examination
- West African Examinations Council (WAEC)
Check further details on University website