Studying Year 12 in Australia
- You should apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). Full details about the VTAC application process can be found on the VTAC website. Through VTAC, you can list up to 12 course preferences. You should list courses in your order of preference with the course of greatest interest listed first. Be sure that your application is finalised by the VTAC due dates.
- If you have previously applied to the University of Melbourne via VTAC but were not offered a place or were offered but never enrolled, you should apply as a new student.
- If you're studying interstate, you can find more specific application information for your state in one of our application flyers: NSW/ACT QLD SA TAS WA
Current University of Melbourne international students
- If you're an international student currently studying at the University of Melbourne and you wish to transfer to another University of Melbourne course, you must submit your transfer application via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC). Be sure that your application is finalised by the VTAC due dates.
All other international students
- You can apply online using our e-application.
- Please ensure your application is received by us before the relevant deadline. An application fee of AUD$100 applies. This fee is non-refundable.
- Alternatively, if you would prefer to apply in person in your own country, we have a number of overseas representatives in a variety of countries. Search our list of overseas representatives to find one near you.
- If you have accepted an offer from another institution in Australia, been granted a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) and want to transfer to the University of Melbourne within the first six months of study you will need a letter of release from that institution. Please see our International Student Transfer Policy for more details.
- International Baccalaureate and US Advanced Placement students
- You can choose to have your IB or AP results sent directly to the University as soon as they are released. Please make sure you advise us in your application if you have authorised the release of your results.
- University of Melbourne AP institution code: 9015
- University of Melbourne IB institution code: 002406
Check further details on University website