Update your status of this course
University of California, Davis Course/Program Name
Application closes on
National :30 Nov 
International :30 Nov 

BA Human Development

 Course Level
Bachelors / UG
Full Time

4 Years
 Start month

 Tuition fee

38659 USD
13951 USD

Application fee

International 80 USD
National 70 USD
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Scores accepted
IELTS (min)7
TOEFL-IBT (min)108
TOEFL-PBT (min)550
SAT (avg)1290
ACT (avg)320

Get the best abroad education loan at free of cost

WeMakeScholars initiative is supported by the Govt. of India; associated with 10+ public/private banks & NBFCs.

Due to high number of loan requests from your region, we are not accepting any new applications at the moment. We believe in offering quality service to our customers.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

About this course

Human development majors complete a group of preparatory courses in anthropology, general biology, genetics, history, philosophy, physiology, psychology, and statistics. Upper division students can design their programs in consultation with a faculty member to emphasize a particular interest. For instance, students can study the cognitive, social, and biological aspects of human development while emphasizing child or adult development.

Check further details on University website

Eligibility Criteria

Achieve a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), 213 on the computer-based TOEFL or 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL.
Achieve a minimum score of 7 (academic module) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Achieve a score of 3, 4 or 5 on the AP Exam in English Language and Composition or English Literature and Composition.
Achieve a score of 5, 6 or 7 on the International Baccalaureate (IB), Higher Level examination in English (Language A).
Achieve a score of 6 or higher on the International Baccalaureate (IB), Standard Level examination in English (Language A).
Achieve a score of 560 or higher on the Writing section of the SAT Reasoning Test.
Complete one transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) in English composition with "C" grades or better at an accredited U.S. college or university.

Check further details on University website

Course Modules

  • Two courses from: Anthropology 1, 1Y, 2, or 15 8-9
  • One course from: Biological Sciences 2A, 10, 10V, Microbiology 10, or Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior 12 3-5
  • One course from: Molecular and Cellular Biology 10 or Biological Sciences 101† 4
  • One course from: History 17A, 17B, 72A, 72B, or Political Science 1 4
  • Two courses from: Philosophy 5, 15, 30, 31, 32, or 38 8
  • One course from: Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior 10, 101, or Psychology 101 3-5
  • Psychology 1 4
  • One course from: Psychology 41 or Sociology 46A and 46B, or Statistics 10 or 13 or 13V 4-9
  • Life Span: Human Development 100A, 100B, 100C 12
  • Research Methods: Human Development 120 4
  • Biological Processes: one course from: Biological Sciences 101†, Human Development 117, Nutrition 111AV, or Psychology 121 3-5
  • Social-Cultural Processes: one course from: Human Development 102, 110, 130, or 160 4
  • Cognitive Processes: one course from: Human Development 101, 103, 132, 161 or 163 4
  • Practicum: one course from: Human Development 140-140L, or 141 or 142 or 143 4-6

Check further details on University website

How to Apply


Don't submit your transcripts to UC at this point, but refer to them as you fill out the application to ensure the information you enter is accurate

Test scores

If you're a freshman or sophomore applicant, you'll have to include your scores from the ACT with Writing or the SAT Reasoning Test. (If you're applying for fall, be sure to complete these tests by December). All applicants should report scores for any SAT Subject Tests, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, TOEFL or IELTS exams they have taken.


Annual income for last year and the current year (your parents' if you're a dependent; your income if you're independent).

This is optional unless you're applying for an application fee waiver or for the Educational Opportunity Program.

Social Security number, if you have one.

We use this to match your application to things like your test score report, final transcript(s) and, if you're applying for financial aid, your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.

Citizenship status

You must enter your country of citizenship (or "No Selection"). If your country of citizenship is outside the United States, you'll need to provide your immigration status and your visa type.

California Statewide Student ID (optional)

Each K-12 student in California public schools is assigned an ID number. If it's not printed on your transcript, ask your counselor or registrar.

Credit card

If you prefer to pay by check, you can mail your payment.

Check further details on University website

Join the largest Study Abroad community      Log in      Sign up