Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Offered for Indian students
Swami Vivekananda was one of the great social philosopher and explorer in social reforms in India. Swami Vivekananda was the chief disciple of Saint Ramakrishna Paramhansa.In a short lifespan of just 39 years, he introduced Vedanta and Yoga to the western world. He stressed on different aspects of religion, education, character building and social issues pertaining to India. Swami Vivekananda believed that “Education is a manifestation needed by every human”. To him, education was not a mere collection of information but is more meaningful. Education is the assimilation of noble ideas. He stressed to combine dynamic and scientific attitude of the west with the spirituality of our country. Swami Vivekananda considered education to be an incarnation of power in every way.
Keeping Swami Vivekananda’s ideas of education and to achieve and promote education, Government of West Bengal has introduced Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
The Government of West Bengal provides Swami Vivekananda Scholarship at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been completely revised in the year 2016 to cover a number of students as well as to intensify the scholarship amounts significantly.
Who are Eligible for SVMCM?
- SVMCM is a giant leap for poor but meritorious students and majority of students at Higher Secondary level, Diploma (Polytechnic) level, Undergraduate/ Bachelors level, Postgraduate/ Masters level, Doctoral/ Ph.D. level as well as Kanyashree (K-2) recipients will get benefit are covered under this Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme.
- Recipients will get benefit are covered under this scholarship scheme.
- The income criteria for application under the scheme is not more than Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum subject to the accomplishment of other merit criteria.
On what basis applicants are selected for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
SVMCM aims to assist the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to seek higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal and subject to the accomplishment of other Merit criteria and Means criteria.
How to apply for SVMCM?
- There are 3 types of applications:
– Fresh Application.
– Renewal Application.
– Kanyashree Application.
- Firstly applicant needs to register online according to the course opted.
- After registration login to the respective account and fill the application form and submit before the deadline 15th Dec 2017.
Apply now for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
What are application and sanction procedures?
- Candidates for different categories will submit their applications online in the scholarship portal and applications in respect of scholarship cases would be arranged in descending order (on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination apart from income/means criteria), and scholarship would be sanctioned as per the availability of fund and strictly on the basis of the merit list.
- The fund may be transferred to the beneficiaries account if the documents are in order.
Is it mandatory to submit Bank details of the applicant?
As the payment will be made by direct beneficiary transfer only, the furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
How much applicant gets from SVMCM Scholarship?
- The recipient of SVMCM Scholarship gets allocation according to Level of study and course opted.
- Details of rate as per course and rate per month and other details are encrypted on the official website of SVMCM.
How to Renew SVMCM Scholarship?
- For renewal of SVMCM scholarship, the applicant must submit an online application to the concerned scholarship sanctioning authority within one month from the date of admission in the next higher class due to promotion by passing in the first attempt.
- Renewal cases will be sanctioned subject to good academic performance (Minimum 60% marks should be obtained and 50% marks at Post Graduate Level).
If you can give any suggestions to the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship aspirants, you can share them below in the comment sections. Also, explore other Indian Scholarships.