Fulbright Program – Fully funded PG, PhD and Post Doc Scholarships across the globe
The Fulbright Program is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for International educational exchange for students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists, and artists, founded by the United States Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946. The Fulbright Program is governed by the cooperating organization Institute of International Education.
Fulbright Program constitutes to so many programs related to students, scholars, teachers, professionals, scientists, and artists. Fulbright U.S. Student Program is one of the programs relating to students. The Fulbright Student Program provides research, study and teaching opportunities to recent graduates and graduate students.
Fulbright U.S. Student Program is one of the Student grants which provides grants for individually designed study/research projects or for English Teaching Assistant Programs. Fulbright U.S. Student program is a fully funded program for Masters and Ph.D. applicants, which can be taken at Universities around the world.
What are essential steps for applying to Fulbright program?
- Begin the process early,
- Read the application instructions,
- Revise the Fulbright application to ensure that there are no errors,
- Write clearly and use simple language,
- Identify the right referees for the application,
- Identify the right host institution for the program.
On What basis Applicants are assessed?
- Quality and probability of the proposal as described in the Statement of Grant Purpose.
- Academic or professional record.
– Personal qualifications.
– Language preparation.
– Preference factors as established by the J. William Fulbright, Foreign Scholarship Board and the Fulbright program.
Fulbright Program covers programs for U.S. citizens and Indian nationals.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program for U.S. citizens
- Fulbright-Nehru Masters and Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Nationals.
Check out for more Fulbright Scholarships
1. Fulbright U.S. Student Program for U.S. citizens
Who are eligible for Fulbright U.S. Student Program?
- Candidate applying for Fulbright U.S. Student Program must be U.S. citizens at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent before the start of the student grant.
- Permanent residents are ineligible.
- Applicants should be proficient in written and spoken the language of the host country.
- Employees and Board members or staff of a Fulbright Commission are not eligible for above grant.
Check out U.S. citizens scholarships
What are the documents required to apply for Fulbright U.S. Student scholarship 2018?
- Candidates applying for Fulbright U.S. Student Program should be in good health and successful applicants must submit a satisfactory Medical Certificate.
- Applicants, at the time of application, must hold a J.D.
- Candidate must submit a Statement of Grant Purpose defining activities to take place during one academic year in a participating country outside the U.S.
How to apply for Fulbright U.S. Student scholarship 2018?
- Fulbright scholarship can be given allotted to Study, Teaching Assistants, Special Programs.The Fulbright U.S.
- Student Program is a study grant. For a study grant following steps are followed:
– Applicant needs to submit Statement pertaining Grant Purpose,
– Affiliation letter and Personal statement and need to fill credentials in the authorized application form.
Apply Now for Fulbright U.S. Student scholarship
2. Fulbright-Nehru Masters and Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Nationals
Who are eligible for Fulbright Nehru Postdoc and Masters Program?
- The program is open to applicants of India.
- Applicants must have completed an equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university.
- Candidates must have at least 55% marks and should have a four-year bachelor’s degree or should have completed master’s degree.
- Applicant should have at least three years of full-time professional work experience in the fields related to the study.
- Applicants should demonstrate experience in leadership and community service.
What is the value of Fulbright Nehru Postdoc and Masters Fellowships Program?
The recipients of fellowships under Fulbright Nehru Postdoc and Masters cover full funded tuition fees and additional to above grant traveling and living expenses are allotted for eligible applicants.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Please carefully review the FNPostdoc Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNPostdoc Applicant Checklist before submitting the application
- In addition, you must complete and upload the following documents to your online application1. FNPostdoc Applicant Annexure
2. FNPostdoc Employer’s Endorsement Form
3. FNPostdoc Reference Report Form
Apply here for Fulbright Nehru Masters Fellowships
Apply here for Fulbright Nehru Postdoc Fellowships
What are the eligible field of study under Fulbright-Nehru Postdoctoral Research Fellowships?
- Agricultural Sciences
- Computer Science (with emphasis on cybersecurity and digital economy)
- Education Policy and Planning
- Energy Studies
- International Law
- International Security and Strategic Studies
- Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications)
- Public Policy
- Public Health
- Study of India (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts)
- Study of the U.S. (limited to anthropology, history, sociology, and visual and performing arts)
- Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management)
- Women’s and Gender Studies.
Check out an interesting article by Akmal, sharing his experiences about the Fulbright scholarship interview process from Uzbekistan “How I failed my Fulbright Scholarship interview“