Everything you should know to apply to Viterbi Internship program
Everything you should know to apply to Viterbi Internship program:
If you are an Engineering student, ambitious enough, and interested to build a career in research then apply to Viterbi Internship which is definitely a must on your consideration list.
It is one unique internship provided in United states by the Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southern California (USC).
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering is ranked in the top 10 engineering schools in the world! and also one of the nation’s leading engineering institutions in the fields of aerospace, astronautics & space technology, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer science & computer engineering, electrical, environmental, industrial & systems, materials science, mechanical engineering and systems architecture & engineering.
Viterbi school of engineering takes in more than 2,000 undergraduate students in more than 30 majors and areas of emphasis. Also it provides around 3,300 graduate students with advanced studies in over 25 fields.
The internship, USC provides is called SURE (Summer Undergraduate Research Experience) and it is classified into:
1. SURE for Domestic Students
– Participate in cutting-edge research with top USC faculty.
– Receive $4500 stipend, university housing, and travel to and from Los Angeles.
– Gain experience and tools to enhance your application to competitive PhD programs.
– Explore the rich and diverse culture of Southern California during a two-month stay in Los Angeles while learning about the resources at USC.
– Develop lasting friendships with fellow participants.
– Receive an application fee waiver for future graduate study at USC.
– Undergraduate students who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canadian citizens.
– Interest in conducting research and pursuing a PhD program.
– Strong academic background (GPA of 3.5 or higher is recommended) in the fields of engineering, math, or hard science.
– Application requires transcripts, a resume, statement of purpose and 2 letters of recommendation.
2. SURE for International Students
The Viterbi School has always been a pioneer in globalization, particularly at the graduate student level, where 55 percent of the students are international.
USC Viterbi School of Engineering and the School of Information Science and Technology of Tsinghua University (THU), Beijing, China, have established a partnership for a broad spectrum of educational and research collaborations.
The program’s key objectives are to provide students and faculty from both entities, with international experiential learning opportunities and to strengthen education and scientific interaction between students and faculty.
Internship provides: $2,500 TOTAL stipend for living expenses. Airfare up to $1,500.
The Viterbi School of Engineering, University of Southen California (USC) and the Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) are partnering to launch the Viterbi-India Program.
This program will provide opportunities to Indian Students to undertake a research internship at the Viterbi School of Engineering in Summer.
The program is envisaged to:
– Provide an opportunity to the best and brightest Indian students to gain exposure and access to world class research facilities in the Viterbi School.
– Promote research and capacity building in frontline areas of engineering and technology.
– Encourage outstanding students to take up research as a career.
– Pave the way for the next generation engineers from India to interact with American peers, thus help building long-term R&D linkages and collaborations.
Internship duration: 8 weeks
Internship provides: Stipend and Airfare.
- Indian students currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree at a recognized institution of higher education in India.
- Open to students of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences only.